The data engineer will be primarily attached to the data management team and provide much needed support to migrate data (and reports) from an existing legacy system to a new enterprise application. In addition, this resource will be deeply involved in the designing, development and documentation of a new enterprise data warehouse.
• Reverse engineering of existing reports to retrieve and document technical specifications (data source, column definitions, etc.).
• Data migration and mapping from legacy systems to a new transactional system.
• Building of a new data warehouse.
• Exposure to cross-functional teams to facilitate solutions to meet business needs.
• Assisting in the preparation of strategic analysis and findings for department leadership and key stakeholders.
• Developing metrics and creating ad-hoc reporting as needed. Assist internal customers with acceptance and adoption of implemented solutions.
• Adhering to best practices for problem analysis, concept evaluation, systems design, database development, modification, testing, and evaluation to ensure quality and consistency.
• Conducting training to various audiences for data related issues and technical applications as needed.
• Recommending solution options for data and reporting needs, and provide technical advice where needed to support companywide objectives and goals and resolve problems.
• Interact with the business to understand change in processes, data implications and potential reporting modifications.
• Documenting the types and structure of the business data (logical modeling).
• Analyzing and mining business data to identify correlations among the various data points.
• Mapping and tracing data from source to target systems in order to solve a given business or system problem.
• Designing and creating data reports and dashboards to help the business in their decision making.
• Perform statistical analysis of business data.
• Ability to perform root cause analysis.
Required Technical Qualifications:
• SQL Development
• Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau
Nice to Have :
• OLTP and OLAP modelling and design
• Data warehousing concepts
• Power BI
• C#, PowerShell, DAX, MDX